Pet Wellness Care
We offer comprehensive veterinary services and preventive measures to ensure the overall health and happiness of your beloved animal companion.
Pet Wellness Care
At Four Paws @ Four Points Veterinary Hospital, we believe that pets aren’t just animals; they are cherished members of our families. Nestled in the heart of Austin, TX, we are not just a veterinary clinic; we are a place for pet parents to seek exceptional, excellent wellness care for their furry companions.
We understand your unique connection, and that’s why we have dedicated ourselves to providing compassionate, expert pet wellness care. Beyond treating ailments, we also focus on fostering lifelong well-being.
Recommendations for wellness screening tests vary with age
and breed but include the following:
- Routine physical examination checkups from head to toe often reveal previously unidentified issues such as heart murmurs, skin or abdominal masses, ear or dental infections and tooth abscesses, joint abnormalities or signs of arthritis, and much more
- Counseling on vaccines that may be indicated for your pet
- Counseling on parasite preventives, such as heartworms, intestinal parasites, and fleas
- Nutrition and dietary counseling
- Annual testing for heartworms and internal parasites in dogs
- Blood tests specialized for each life stage, screening for conditions such as diabetes, liver and kidney disease, thyroid abnormalities, etc.
- Blood pressure
- X-rays of the chest and abdomen to identify abnormalities such as heart enlargement, lung problems, some cancers, liver, spleen, lymph node enlargement, etc.
- EKG (electrocardiogram)
For more information about our wellness services or to schedule an appointment, please call our office at (512) 258-7447.